Best Buffet in Cebu – Top 5 Best Buffets – Redemption for Marriott
Breaking News: The Marriott in Cebu City brought back their all you can eat seafood buffet.
Everyone knows I have been very critical of the Cebu Marriott after they took away their all you can eat seafood buffet. Last Friday I was invited on the air with Jiggy in the Morning on the radio station Y101 where I was doing the breakdown of the best buffets in Cebu. While I was on the air I decided to blurt out, “Marriott if you are listening, BRING back the seafood buffet”, then literally seconds later the phone rang. Marriott called us saying “you will be happy to know that just a few weeks ago we brought back the seafood buffet on Friday nights but not only that, we have a new Prime Rib buffet on Saturday night as well.”
After they took away the seafood buffet I had complained that now Marriott had a pretty generic yet good buffet but was not worthy any longer of being the best buffet in Cebu any longer. Therefore they lost their crown to a close runner-up, Maro Polo Hotel.
I posted in my previous post that if Marriott brought back their seafood buffet, then they would certainly get their crown back and I am pleased to announce that Marriott has certainly earned their jewels and the crown is comfortably back on their head. The seafood buffet is a step above all of the rest of the other buffets bringing together an array of all you can eat crab, often times lobster and even shrimp dishes that are to die for. If you have not ever enjoyed the Marriott all you can eat Seafood Buffet then you have got to try it.
I also wanted to thank Marriott for not only bringing back the seafood buffet but they also added a new flair to the buffet by introducing the Prime Rib buffet on Saturday night. Great job Marriott and keep up the great work!
Note to Marriott: Just so you know, we have had literally thousands of people read the articles about the buffets. These are the most popular articles on Super Cebu and we are happy to send business your way.
Note to Marco Polo: We still love you guys but unless you can match the all you can eat crab and often times lobster, the crown will remain with Marriott. Time to step up to the plate and bring Cebu an amazing Seafood Buffet!
Top 5 Buffets in Cebu:
1. Marriott Hotel in Cebu City (Next to Ayala) – An unbeatable seafood buffet (around 1000 or so pesos)
2. Marco Polo Hotel in Lahug – The most dependable buffet in Cebu. You know that when you go there, you will always be treated like a king and served an amazing assortment of sushi, international dishes, amazing deserts and a wonderful choice of meats. (around 1000 or so pesos)
3. Shangri-La Hotel in Mactan – Cowrie Cove Restaurant – Variety of different buffets throughout the week. (a bit overpriced at 1500 or so pesos but still very delicious)
4. Gustavian Hotel in Ayala Mall - Although not the most dependable buffet in town, they still have the very best value in town with some of the best food when you get them on a good day. They have crab salad, great meats, excellent pasta and a few other items. They lowered their price a few times and now they sit at around 380 pesos a person. That is a great deal for what you get.
5. Parklane Hotel – The outside might be a wreck when looking at the street, but that should not stop you from going into the luxurious Parklane hotel. They have a beautiful dining area with a very good buffet. They are a little bit less priced compared to the other hotels, but they do not have as much variety. They do however have amazing clams and scallops. The price is very good at around 600 pesos for lunch.
What are your favorites? Please leave in the comment area!