Top Ten Things to Do in Cebu – Places to Visit – Tourist Spots
1. Kawasan FallsYou do not need to be a nature lover to see that Kawasan Falls is one of the most beautiful places in Cebu. It is around 2 to 3 hours out-of-town and will cost you about 4000 pesos if you rent a taxi for the day, but you can easily take a bus for much cheaper. You can play in the water, go hiking and enjoy the mind-blowing scenery.
2. Sto Niño de BasilicaOne of the most historical churches in Cebu, and even in the Philippines. I call this the “Catholic Hotspot” but you do not need to be Catholic to enjoy the history and ambience of the building.
3. Magellan’s CrossThis is the location where the first Filipinos received their Catholic Faith. This also has the first cross given to the Filipinos by the Spaniards.
4. Mountain ViewTops is the most popular dating spot in town but if you keep going there are lots of other areas to enjoy. Busay, Tops, and the list goes on. It is around 20 to 30 minutes away from Cebu and you can take motorbike or taxi. If you take a taxi, I would make sure you have them wait. It will only cost about 300 to 400 for a 2 hours of wait time.
5. Mantalongon in DalagueteMantalongon is one of the coldest and natural places in Cebu. If you like Baguio, then you will LOVE Mantalongon. You can stay in Dalaguete in one of the nice little resorts by the water for around 2000 a night and then visit the part, structures and beauty of Mantalongon. If you need a break away from the humidity, then this place is for you. There are only two places in the Philippines I am aware of like this place. Baguio and Mantalongon. The nickname is “Little Baguio”.
6. Fort San PedroThis reminds me a lot of the forts you see in the US but with a park in the middle. If you are looking a nice little “data spot” then this is great. It is so cheap to get in and you can walk around the beautiful grass and relax.
7. Lapu-Lapu ShrineAlthough you will not spend much time here, you will certainly not want to miss this part of Cebu history. It is located in Mactan right near the shopping district.
8. University of San Carlos MuseumIf you are a history fanatic, you will not want to miss unique museum that is entrenched in Cebu history, culture and youth.
9. MactanMactan is a great area to enjoy the seafood, the resorts and the culture. You must be prepared to spend between 300 and 1500 for entry into a resort to spend the day. If you are someone who likes to snorkel, then Hilton has the best snorkeling, if you are looking for the nicest and most beautiful place to relax then its Shangri-La and if you are looking for the best price then you will be looking at Tambuli.
10. MallsAlthough malls in Cebu are not as big as others, still, you can enjoy the greatly improved malls here. Ayala Cebu has now the “Terraces”. The place is wide with beautiful landscapes, fountains, and areas for you and your friends to sit and talk.